How to make Karikku Masala( Tender coconut Masala)
Kerala is the land of coconut trees and the coconut recipes.Karikku Masala is prepared using Tender coconut pieces in a spicy masala gravy.
- Karikku (Tender coconut) – 1
- Grated Coconut( To extract coconut milk) – 2 cups
- Onion (chopped,medium) – 1
- Shallots – 4
- Ginger- garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green Chilly(cut length wise) –1
- Turmeric powder – 12 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kasoori methi – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Extract thick coconut milk by grinding grated coconut in a mixer with out adding water.This is the first milk. Again grind the extracted fiber by adding 1 1/2 cups of warm of water and strain.This is second milk.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute chopped shallots,onion,ginger garlic paste and green chilly.Add tender coconut pieces to it and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the masala powders to it and mix well.
- Add second taken coconut milk to it and let it cook for sometime.
- Once it is cooked well,add thick coconut milk,coriander leaves,kasoori methi and salt.Stir well.Don’t let it boil.Remove from fire.
- Heat oil in another pan. Splutter mustard seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add the seasonings to the gravy.
- Garnish with Curry leaves.
- This masala curry goes well with rice.
Shop Amazon - Valentine's Day Event