How to Make Suji Idli:
Idli is the main breakfast of the south Indians. It's a healthy and easy to make recipe.Try this special idli make from suji.
- Suji-1 Cup
- Buttermilk-11/2 Cup
- Mustard seeds-1tspn
- Curry leaves- a few
- Asafoetida(hing)- a pinch
- Chopped ginger-1tspn
- Chopped green chillies-1tspn
- Salt-to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add hing,Curry leaves,Mustard seeds,Chopped ginger,Chopped green chillies and saute well.
- Add the suji and roast on slow flame for a few minutes till the suji becomes light brown,remove the pan from it and place it for cool.
- Now add Buttermilk and salt to suji mix .keep it aside for over one hour.
- Just before steaming the idlis add eno and mix well.Put the batter in greased moulds and steam till done.
- Enjoy with chutney of your choice.